One of the nations whose residents are required to obtain a visa in order to enter India is the United Kingdom. British nationals can enter India digitally with the India e-Visa. Because the Indian e-visa application is completed fully online, more people can now apply for a visa, which reduces the amount of time it takes to process visas. Online visa applications for Indian citizens are accepted from 170 nations, including the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The digital platform, which was introduced in 2014, has made it simpler and quicker for British nationals to obtain visas for India. An e-Visa is accessible for British people traveling to India for leisure, business, or medical care. But before you travel there and enjoy India, you must first find out if you require a visa to enter the nation from the UK.
The India e-Visa program is accessible to everyone with a current British passport. People from the UK are able to have a vacation in India with the help of the India Tourist E-Visa. British nationals are permitted to take part in leisure and tourism-related activities thanks to it. After being issued, it is good for one year. Passport holders from the UK are allowed multiple admissions. provides for a 90-day visit to India by citizens of the United Kingdom.
The India Business eVisa for UK Citizens enables travel to India for business purposes. Following the date of issuance, it remains valid for a full year. British nationals are allowed a 180-day stay in India under this provision. The e-Medical Patient Visa and the Medical Attendant Visa are the two different types of Indian e-Medical Visas available to nationals of the United Kingdom. UK citizens are able to travel to India for medical care using the e-Medical Patient Visa. For individuals travelling to India with the patient (often family members or close friends), an e-Medical Patient Companion Visa is required.
These medical visas are issued by India for a maximum of two companions per patient. After the date of issuance, it remains valid for 120 days. British nationals are permitted three entries into India. No more than 60 days must pass between the second and third visits. Up to 60 days may elapse between visits.
Documents needed for India For British citizens: Visa
- A British passport must be in good standing and be valid for at least six months after the date of entry into India. At least two blank pages in your passport are also required so that the immigration official can stamp them when you enter India.
- A working email address where the eVisa can be received in the Inbox.
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport
- To pay the processing fee, you can use a credit or debit card.
French citizens can obtain an Indian visa. What KINDS OF visas ARE AVAILABLE IN France? Tourist e-Visa, first Business e-Visa, and second Medical e-Visa Documents NEEDED FOR French CITIZENS
- A digital reproduction of the passport’s biographical page
- Scan of Passport Personal Information
- A French passport with at least two blank pages and a validity of at least six months from the expected date of arrival in India
- A functioning email address where they can receive the eVisa in their Inbox.
- To pay for the E-visa fees, you can use a debit or credit card.
- Your passport’s final page, if applicable
If German citizens need an Indian visa, Documentation is needed for a German citizen to obtain an Indian visa.
- Passport: In order to process your travel document, it must be valid for at least six months. Submissions must include a colored scan of the biographical pages of the applicant’s passport.
- Passport photo: You must provide a passport photo. These have to abide by the rules established by the authority.
- Email address: To send you the confirmation of your electronic visa, you must have a valid email address.
- Method of payment: You may pay the E-Visa fees with a debit or credit card.
Indian visas for citizens of Canada Documents Needed for Canadian Citizens
- A Canadian passport that will remain valid for at least six months after arrival in India
- A digital reproduction (scan) of the bio page of the Canadian passport
- A photo of the Canadian applicant in passport-style
- To pay the E-Visa costs, you can use a credit or debit card.
- A functioning email address where they can receive their India e-Visa in their inbox.